MOTHER EARTH'S GIFT FOR YOUR EFFECTIVE SKINCARE
Are you meeting Bakuchiol for the first time? The choices can be overwhelming as the skincare industry has recently hopped onto this wonder ingredient. It's known as the natural alternative to Retinol-- without the synthetic Retinol "uglies" (irritation, flaking, redness, etc.).
When we introduced our first Bakuchiol Serum, only a handful of Bakuchiol products were available. The rest of the skincare industry finally 'discovered' this wonder ingredient! Unfortunately, there is a lot of confusion about the purity and quality of the "Bakuchiol" used in many products.
Bakuchiol is extracted from the seeds of the plant Psoralea Corylifolia, grown in India and commonly known as the Babchi plant. However, there are Babchi or Bakuchi plant oils and extracts which are much less expensive ingredients and not the purified Bakuchiol molecule.
Consumers deserve transparency, clarity, and authentic ingredients. There is only one authentic, 99% purified, concentrated Bakuchiol.
NOT ALL "BAKUCHIOL" IS EQUAL
While we see claims of "pure Bakuchiol," it's best to know what this truly is.
Bakuchiol is the name defined by the Personal Care Products Council (PCPC), and registered by the European Union’s REACH regulation (EC # 685-515-4). To use the official INCI name "Bakuchiol", the ingredient must comply with the INCI ingredient registered as Bakuchiol. If the purity is lower than 99%, a product cannot be labeled as Bakuchiol.
If the purity is under 99%, it should be properly labeled by the Latin name of the carrier oil or plant extract on the label and any marketing materials. We've been seeing "98% pure Bakuchiol Oil" or "95% Pure Bakuchiol". This is not Bakuchiol! The remaining 5% may contain skin sensitizers, sediments, and residual solvents that can cause problems and irritation.
There are many products proclaiming "pure." However, unfortunately, it may be a "pure" Bakuchi carrier oil or extract but not the authentic 99% purified Bakuchiol molecule.
THERE IS ONLY ONE COMPANY THAT MAKES AUTHENTIC BAKUCHIOL
Only Sytheon, a French company, produces Sytenol® A - the patented, highly purified molecule, and authentic Bakuchiol active ingredient that has the approved INCI name "Bakuchiol".
Sytheon uses a unique, patented extraction method to remove everything but the pure Bakuchiol molecule. It is an extremely thick, highly viscous ingredient with an earthy scent and an amber color. By isolating the Bakuchiol molecule and its concentrated purity, it is the only authentic Bakuchiol active.
Authentic Bakuchiol is remarkable for all skin types, especially those with sensitivities, and for those who prefer the clinically proven quality natural ingredient over synthetic Retinol.
BE WARY OF IMPOSTERS
If the purity is not 99%, it should not be labeled "Bakuchiol". Carrier oils or extracts should be labeled as: " Psoralea Corylifolia Seed Oil" or "Bakuchi Fruit Extract (Psoralea Corylifolia Leguminosae)."
Consumers using imposters may believe that Bakuchiol hurts their skin because they have used a product containing an inferior "95% Pure Bakuchiol". Please don't make this mistake.
A few ways to make sure it's authentic:
- Products using a Bakuchi carrier oil, or Bakuchi Extract are typically much less expensive, and, sorry to say--simply not effective. These unpurified Bakuchi carrier oils and extracts can have irritants, residues, and harmful sediments. Also, the actual active percentage in these extracts and oils is almost nonexistent because they are not the 99% purified Bakuchiol molecule.
- Don't just read the marketing information--read the Full List of Ingredients. If you see "Psoralea Corylifolia Seed Oil" or "Bakuchi Fruit Extract (Psoralea Corylifolia Leguminosae)" it is not authentic "Bakuchiol".
- Bakuchiol skincare products should be bottled in dark or opaque containers. While clear bottles may look more appealing, these are not the ideal way of packaging Bakuchiol skincare products.
- Authentic Bakuchiol products are not naturally purple (Bakuchiol is made from the plant's seeds, not its purple flowers).
- Bakuchiol is a thick amber-colored lipid ingredient formulated into either a facial oil or an emulsified serum or cream product. An all-water-based product simply cannot contain authentic Bakuchiol.
- If still in doubt, email the company and ask if they're using the authentic Bakuchiol-- the patented Sytenol® A made by Sytheon, and what percentage of it is used in their formula.
"Bakuchi" ingredients are present for marketing "Label appeal". The marketing surrounding many products may suggest "contains Bakuchiol" or "contains Bakuchiol Oil" which may further confuse and (unfortunately) fool consumers.
Also, one skincare company was found to not use the claimed percentage usage of Bakuchiol in their product formula. Any usage under .5% (1/2 of 1%) of authentic Bakuchiol is simply there for "label appeal" and is absolutely pointless.
WE ONLY USE 99% PURE Sytenol® A
We offer Bakuchiol skin care products at the most reasonable prices possible, given the high cost of the ingredient.
Bakuchiol is remarkable for all skin types and is especially kind for those with sensitive skin. Many prefer the clinically proven quality natural ingredient over synthetic Retinol (most of the benefits of Retinol--but without the Retinol side effects, win-win!).
Our Bakuchiol Collection is unparalleled and now has 7 different products offering facial oil serums, light creamy serums, and a cream moisturizer for different skin types. Most of our Bakuchiol products use Bakuchiol at an industry high of 3%.
There is sure to be a choice to benefit your skin's needs, whether your goals are to help the appearance of aging, hyperpigmentation, the look of scars, increase collagen synthesis, or aid in reducing breakouts. Clinically tested authentic Bakuchiol helps obtain these goals without the irritating side effects of synthetic Retinol!
We invite you to read our previous Blog for more details about the beautiful benefits of Bakuchiol --the vegan, natural alternative to Retinol!